Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Change

No house phone, no cable, no internet.

We're slowly settling into the new place. I didn't sleep well the first night and it wasn't b/c i was sleeping on 4 mattresses piled on top of each other. I kept thinking that some colored man was going to bust down our door or climb thru the window and shoot us. But the stereotype of slowly disappearing.

It's clubs week at school and i was harassed by two different chinese clubs on campus to join. One was a mainland club, i ended up conversing w/ the guy in mandarin. And the other was hk fob club. I was quite happy about that..he hee. On both occasions, i was wearing clothes that i bought in China. I think i now know the secret of picking up chinese men...no more american eagle for me!

I had 9am class yesterday and i didn't get out of bed until 8am...and got out of the house around 8:20...AND i bussed to school. Ah..the convenience. If it wasn't for one of the 38 being so slow, i could've been there even earlier.

About school.
I'm enjoying my carefree semester so far. Not only am i NOT taking a full course load but three of them are electives. God bless electives! I'm taking an English course w/ Narito (I know you're reading this!)- The Bible and Literature. And i'm taking a religion course. And an env'tal sci ..."Water".. it sounds stupid but it's really informative. It reminds me of ecology, minus the hot prof. Speaking of whom, i am taking a toxicology course w/....he's alot less mesmerizing this year. Probably b/c he uses the same stories and yea...that's very impressive when you reuse your material. However i am still nontheless super alert during his lectures. Let's hope i do well in that course cuz it's the only one i really need towards my degree.

Besides all that, i really hope to get more involved at school this year. Vcf, chinese club and maybe v-ball..We'll see what happens.

I miss dt though...and having a store right underneath you. Oh well...I can still reminence the golden days when i come down every sunday.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home