Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

It's so hard coming up with snazzy titles...

This whole online sharing thing is still new to me. It's so much more efficient than manual writing so i think i'll stick to it- although some things should still be meant to be kept in the privacy of my own lil book. The past few days has been quite full. Fun but full- like a buffet. I went shopping w/ Shauna and Jenny after church. Exhausting. It's one of those buffet moments where before you go; you're all excited ("what am i going to try this time?" " maybe there will be new stuff") and by the end of the day, you don't want to walk another step or chew another bite. Yet you know in the future, you'll be right back in there, hoping to get a good bargain. Sigh. The selfishness of humanity. We had an nice dinner but some green peppers sneakily went into my stomach. And i'll spare the rest.

We had a committee meeting on monday night- very much needed. We are so prepared! I'm so thankful for that, for each person on the committee, for the creativity that God's blessed us with and just the different personalities, skills and abilities each of us bring. It's so awesome to serve with such a dedicated team. It was a long meeting..probably b/c i wasn't that prepared. My bad. I slotting a time frame for each topic really is necessary. We went through alot of logistics for the fellowship. Tre bon!

Tuesday= today. I went shopping w/ Dee he hee..fun times! Spent way too much and bought too many things that i didn't set out to get...but the deals! It's all about the good deals (...as i try to justify myself. Sigh). I later met up with Warren. I haven't seen that boy in ages. Probably since last winter. Good times also. He shared about his trip to China. Showed me pics and shared about his future plans for another mission trip next summer. Super encouraging to see this bro develope more of a passion to evangelize and go out of his comfort zone and respond to the direction that God's leading him. And ofcourse, YEA CHINA :) I also shared with him all the blessed things that's been happening here this summer. It's amazing how i don't talk to the guy for months and we can just get together and lay everything out. Just shows that we're family..time can't break that bond. After listening to his stories and to my other friends who also went on mission trips this summer, i feel like it's fanning the flames for me. God is definitly moving in China- everywhere; thru and by so many means- teaching, learning, medical aid, orphanages. He can use anything and everything. So with that said, i'm just looking forward even more for when i can have my chance to serve in the motherland. I'm more sure of what kind of ministry i want be part of now and when that will be. But everything is by His will so nothing is for sure at this point. I'll update this as it progresses and becomes more clear.

On a lighter note, softball banquet tomorrow. A flashback of PCA formals race before my eyes lol. Music but no dancing he hee it's all good. Fellowship is what it's all about :) Dee and i were saying how it's like the prom that we never had together and the nondancing banquet that she's never had. No worries, i'll teach her about the washroom stalls ^__^ Looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home