Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Seating

This morning, I loved physio.
I was at Lyndhurst (part of Toronto Rehab Institute, specializing in spinal cord injury..i think). We spent the morning learning about seating - the cushions, the wheels, the heights, the assessment, the finding..you name it. For most of the class, it was a waste of time, especially in light of our upcoming neuroanatomy final next monday.


However as geeky as it sounds, I really enjoyed the session. I think it's cool that we can assist patients in picking out a really important piece of equipment that they'll use 24/7 for at least 5 years. It's like helping a friend pick out a dress for a party..or an outfit for their job interview. Except in this case, it's a huge piece of metal with wheels on both sides that move. I saw an opportunity to help them select best possible gear for their condition and lifestyle..and then advocating on their behalf to maximize funding..and then using that equipment to help maintain and promote the gains that they made in therapy..to ultimately maximize their function.

This morning, I loved the fact that I will be a real physio in 1 year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home