Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Friday, November 11, 2005

UPdate

Just overall, very content.

I submitted my first university level essay today for religion. I'm very nervous and kind of excited. I wrote about why missions exist in Christianty and used the Bible as my primary source. My conclusion was two things..love and obedience. Thanks to all those who played devils advocate.

As i was going through my bible, trying to find verses and i was surprised by the number of scripture that eluded to those two things- it reinforced how important evangelism is.

One of my fav is Rom 10:14-15. "How, then, can they call on the on ethey have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear w/o someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?" For "the harvest is plentiful and the laborers are few" Matt 9:37.

"Evangelism is not the fine print at the end of an agreement- it is the telling of a love story. Moreover, missionary work is not based on unfathomable theology that is only reserved for scholars and righteous men. The rationality resides in love and obedience. "

But i think somehow i have become desensitized in the sense i'm not going "whoa"..but perhaps i'm just moving away from emotions and more onto knowing what i need to do. I dunno, i need new eyes when reading God's word. I hope that somehow, God will go with that essay...and be with whichever TA that is grading it. Not so much for a good grade (although that would be nice) but more so understanding.

Now that the storm is over, i went back to the cardio room. Good times- esp when i'm on the elliptical and Oprah is on =)

I'm addicted to interhouse vball!..so much fun. I love vball. It's such a good way to not think about school..or assignments or whatever. Ah.. i'm still so pumped from tonite..he he. We had such an awesome team, there were 4 of us asians..and we played against 6 um..white ppl..and we rocked them!..they set me up a few times and i even got a hit..he hee...but i still prefer being setter. I'm playing for vcf (varsity christian fellowship)...and today i think we allowed ourselves to exemplify what the team name stood for through our spirit and encouraging words to each other. After the game, a guy from the other team commented that this has been the funnest game he's played all season =)

In light of what i've been "thinking"..i wanted to post up the Risk poem..but too lazy. You can find it on Adrian's blog (I'm advertising for you!)...It's such a challenge when the situation applies to yourself.

I miss my parents. 1.5 months left. - my mom bought me a coconut bra..so excited ha haa.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 a.m., Blogger Adrian said…

    em...what's w/ the stalker bot emily...???! she's all over brent too...must be all you nerds...

    btw thanks for the endorsement... hope ur doing s'well...be in touch soon ma'am. peas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home