Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Fear

Shannon: "...let's share our fears..."
Amanda's turn: "I'm afraid of being old, alone and with only cats..."
Everyone: *chuckle*

20min later..
Shannon: "...now let's share what we can do about our fear..."
Andrew/Allen: whispers to each other.. "amanda can find a man..." *chuckle*
Amanda: "huh? i don't get it..."
Everyone: "well..maybe you don't NEED a guy..you can live with all women"
Amanda: "WHAT????" *shudder*


Inspired by brent, kwan, sam, faith & queenie...(c'mon, you know you want to make one too!!!)

Spiritually
- spiritually mature/humble/confident. Be the leader in the relationship.
- missions.. (e.g. china)
- a servant
- sensitive and led by the spirit
- challenges and encourages me...and vice versa...

Intelligence
- smarter than myself..in life..not books...wellll..okay, maybe book smarts too would be nice
- to be able to share/ encourage my interest in science...understand my bio analogies and nerd jokes. There are these two profs at school..one does work on evol'n bio, the other neuroendocrine... they're married and have done research together.. quite cute
- speak good english =) ...i.e. proficient enough to take care of all english related/ letter reading/ bill paying/ tax doing/ form filling stuff =) and be able to help me with my english
- bonus if he can speak mandar (rubs off well w/ the parents)
- technology proficient...."router? what's that?"

Emotionally/ Personality (alot of the things i list here reminds me of my dad =) ...my parents are so cute together)
- confident/ passionate/ assured- in everything and whatever he does, no matter what he does. None of this Hamlet stuff
- makes me feel confident and assured
- lots of respect to himself and others
- *** HUMOR! ...bonus if it's make me pee my pants kinda material.. =) but then again, i laugh at most things
- light hearted.. not overanalyze
- family oriented...kids, parents, grandparents, me =)
- 3D...not as in he's human..but personality wise
- doesn't make me feel like i have to entertain him..and not feel like he needs to entertain me
- endures my special week each month where i'm 'not myself'...and if he can't, he should be smart enough to buy me chocolate
- "sensitive"/softy...but not queer (Herby)
- musical...cuz i'm not..he hee....i can only serenate him with gr7 piano repetoire

Physically
- chinese...sorta ashamed to say it..but the more i grow up, i more "traditional" i've become
- active...not obsessive about working out (ahem, adrian) but enjoys being active
- challenges me but not make me feel obese

This is alot. But i write these things from where i am now, knowing that when God allows this match to play itself out, any wishlist that i make will have no role in any of it- b/c this is what 'amanda wants'...thru her eyes...not what 'amanda needs'..thru the ultimate Matchmaker's eyes. Someone once made a statement along the lines of, 'when you feel that you deserve the love of someone, it means you don't love them enough'. I never want to feel like i deserve his love. No, i don't want a Superman, i prefer Clark Kent

ha haa..oh my, i feel quite.. girlish. no more backstreetboys

3 Comments:

  • At 2:53 p.m., Blogger mic carter said…

    hey babe, whoa it seems like you had a lot of time to reflect, or is that just all pent up shyt? very complete list, if i may say so myself. i'll keep my eyes open cuz you know i love to hook my mulan up!! ~muah~

    mic.

     
  • At 11:16 p.m., Blogger devilfighter said…

    mic and ben .. they got the humour part down but lack that certain chineseness eh?

    and ur rite .. after brent, kwan and now you go and make that list .. i wanna do one too

     
  • At 3:09 p.m., Blogger faithtivity said…

    i'm afraid of cats. i'm afraid of being alone w/ cats... i'm afraid of being in the same room as a cat...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home