Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Saturday, September 25, 2004

High School

I was awoke at 8am on thursday morning by the song "Time of your Life", Green Day. The song just started, the guy haven't started singing yet and as i layed motionlessly on my bed. Flashes of the 5 years of high school began to slowly flash itself, almost like a conveyer belt in my mind. As if almost conditioned to such songs (others include "Will You Remember Me?" and "Graduation" lol yes, believe it!). As the song continued, i thought about the amazing friendships, fellowship and love that i experienced in those 5 years with my peers and teachers alike. The differnt adventures we went on, rollercoasters, and all that we overcame. Drawing near to each other but most importantly being able to draw near to Him together. I realize how much i miss my friends and that environment- it's almost like last yr this time, starting uni all over, into this harsh secular env't. Sigh. I miss my friends. I miss being seriously accountable to ppl; being able to share in the struggles of others & overcoming; being in the presence of ppl that aren't going to make stupid jokes when i'm tryingn to be vulnerable; being prayed for after each conversation; being encouraged to the point of tears; being someone that others share their burdens with; being mentored to... Perhaps the enemy is doing this so that my eyes will be blind to the present opportunities that are layed on a platter for me, so that i will only dwell heavily on the past and miss out on what God's doing now. That would totally suck. I miss the passion. I guess perhaps my own cup feels empty...so how can anything overflow to fill the cups of others? I feel so inadequate to serve others right now........OOOOOORRRR...maybe this is all just PMS lol ...very possible!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 p.m., Blogger sammi said…

    Hi Amanda!!!!! =) It's Sammi! I've found you! Haha..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home