Matters on a. Mandar's Heart

Saturday, November 06, 2004

1 Month Anniversary

Wow. I can't believe we've lasted this long. To think that only ~30days ago was when we first met. I must say that it's been a joy ride- many unexpected surprises, tears, laughs and a handful of countless, sleepless nights. But every good thing must come to an end. And tonight, i say goodbye to Mr.Midterms. Yes, i say good bye to you! Muhahaa. It's OVER!!! (until 2 weeks from now that is). Man, feels so good. This has been the most disciplined 1 month ever. I can't recall another time when i've applied myself so much so W/O leaving things to the last minute. Studying really pays off. No wait, time spent studying really pays off. And the cool thing is, i'm enjoying what i'm learning...again (esp. eco *wink*). Some of you may recall last year this time. I was kinda worried about where my studies were headed. But after going to Urbana, i realized a really important point- God will open doors and He will close doors in order to direct me to where i need to be. I'm starting to get a sense of that now. It's... enlightening. Definitly. Now the question is whether i can let my pride go and follow this primer.

What's next? Catching up on all the readings i'm being in. Memorizing 40 pgs of brain structures *tear*. There's a lecture next wed nite at UTSC (7pm). It's called Watt's Lecture. One of the founders of Doctors w/o Boarders, Dr. James Orbinski is giving it. The topic is called "Human Places, Deadly Places & Humanitarian Action in the 21st Century". I'm really looking forward to it. Tell me if you're interested =) I think Herbert will be there he hee.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 a.m., Blogger secretblogger said…

    Amanda! phew ...at first I thought ...WHAT? Amanda has had a boyfriend? for a month already? Some unknown seksi mystery man?? Then I realized ....yes ..you are suffering from insane syndrome ....where you begin to refer to studying ....textbooks even ...as people!
    I have already named most of my textbooks ...and have quite an intimate relationship with all of them .

    Ha....nerds ...unite ....Man ..science/biology all comes down to ...God is a friggin genius =P For we are fearfully and wonderfully made .....the many hours of studying can attest to God's genius

     
  • At 3:12 a.m., Blogger devilfighter said…

    LOL yes, my initial reaction was the same as brents ... amandar? boyfriend? who?! mr.midterms .. that's who.

     
  • At 5:44 p.m., Blogger faithtivity said…

    hey dan dan..i thought you had a boyfriend too...you're so funny :) anyway, enjoy your break :)

     
  • At 11:20 p.m., Blogger living for an audience of ONE said…

    I was just going to pray for the guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home